Metropolitan Melbourn will return to level three restrictions as of 11:59 pm on Wednesday 8th July. Sadly this will mean the cessation of all public masses and liturgies and the closing of the Church for private prayer. During this time:
- The existing exemption from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place, and until such time as we can return to Sunday Masses as normal, you are encouraged to continue finding ways to make the Lord's Day holy in your homes and with your families.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral will continue to broadcast Mass every Sunday at 11 am on Channel 44.
- We will continue to provide you with online resources from the Parish including our recorded Liturgy of the Word, articles and resources, and regular e-news
- Restriction on Wedding and Funerals will be in place.
- The Parish Office continues to be open 7 days 9:30 am – 12:30 pm so please do not hesitate to reach out to our fantastic Parish team if there is anything we can do to help, or just for a friendly chat at any stage.
These changes will remain in place until Wednesday 19th August.
The closing of the Church once again is an act of great sadness on my part, as I have been incredibly encouraged by the fervour and devotion of so many of you who have returned over the past few weeks. Please be assured of my ongoing prayers and my remembrance of you all at daily Mass during these challenging times.
Fr Nicholas Pearce